Vertigo Games is looking for an experienced architect and lead engineer who is responsible for the software engineering efforts as well as our accomplished development team.
Compensation: $2000-3000 monthly salary plus equity, commensurate with experience
You will be part of a highly skilled and innovative group that is responsible for creating world- class mobile games and the technology behind them. As CTO/Technical Director, you will oversee and take responsibility for all technical design, architecture, development and implementation related to the project, both client and server-side. We’re looking for candidates who combine strong architecture and programming skills, in-depth engineering experience and quality decision-making capabilities with a passion for games and the ability to work well with others. Your input, guidance and technical abilities will also contribute to the long-term development and direction of our studio.
You will be working closely with programmers, as well as other disciplines including Art, Design, Production, QA and Product. Your work will involve overseeing, architecting and implementing game technology and features in an efficient, robust and scalable manner, as well as bug fixing, profiling and optimizing code for our target platforms. We want engineers that live and breathe code yet can still work and communicate effectively in a highly interactive environment.
- Oversee, architect and help develop high quality game features and foundation technology for mobile platforms, by gathering requirements, designing solutions, implementing robust code, testing and debugging.
- Work with production and development teams to understand business and system requirements and translate them into technical solutions; develop technical designs, engineering schedules and engine systems; troubleshoot issues.
- Design, implement and test new and enhanced features to optimize game functionality; assess existing game problems and recommend solutions; document and present solutions to business stakeholders.
- Lead and mentor other software engineers; code review peer’s and give constructive feedback to make sure consistency and quality of code.
- Manage, check, prioritize and help resolve live service issues.
- Evaluate 3 rd party technology and make decisions about developing in-house solutions vs utilizing 3 rd party offerings.
- Create efficient, scalable, optimized code while working with 3rd party libraries and tools.
- Manage and optimize our Agile processes, delivery pipeline, tools and procedures
- Attract, hire and keep top talents into our growing engineering team
- Lead project and group collaboration efforts and use engineering best practices, such as code reviews, automation, testing, etc.
- Attracting, hiring, inspiring, engaging, retaining and growing developers in a very execution focused culture.
- Mentoring and developing top talents for their career growth.
- Work with all departments and management to make sure the best systems and tools to make our teams efficient and our games great.
Preferred Skills And Qualifications:
- 10+ years of software engineering experience.
- 3+ years of lead experience.
- Extensive game industry experience, shipped previous cross-platform titles. Online game experience preferred.
- Ability to architect complex systems from scratch.
- Expert Source control system knowledge with Git.
- Expert level knowledge of C#
- Excellent team and interpersonal skills a must.
- Expertise in working with the Agile/Scrum development methodology.
- Strong background in large-scale system development and network programming.
- Experience in mentoring and leading other engineers.
- Expert Unity3D Engine expertise.
- Extensive Mobile development (iOS/Android).
- Deep knowledge of games, especially mobile and free to play.
- Ability to quickly understand existing code and enhance/extend an existing architecture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Expert level software engineering skills, including the ability to write maintainable and robust code.
- In-depth experience developing in and supporting all stages of the development lifecycle.
- A passion for hands-on game development with a focus on attention to detail.
Located in Istanbul, Turkey and Tallinn, Estonia, our goals in Vertigo Games are simple: make great games, have a great place to come to work every day, and live up to the motto “you gotta have fun to make fun.” Potential applicants should check out our FPS games on iOS or Android.
If you are interested in becoming part of this team, please drop your resume and brief cover letter.
We are looking forward to hear from you.